If you take into consideration a variety of crowds, limited food, and contrasting Minecraft biomes, survival gameplay in a sandbox game like Minecraft is no easy task. Due to the limited supply and durability, you need to carefully budget for your tools and weapons. Keep in mind that each mob and block may require you to use different equipment to defeat or break them. If it weren’t for the best minecraft potions and in-game enchantments, life in Minecraft would be a nightmare. By focusing on the latter, we’ll help you enter the world of enchantments in this guide. And the most basic thing you need to know is how to make an enchanting table in Minecraft.
Create and use an enchanting table in Minecraft (2022)
We’ll go over the recipe for making an Enchanting Table, as well as how you can get the required ingredients. But it’s going to be a long journey. The tutorial works exactly the same on the Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions. We tested it on the new Minecraft 1.18 update, and it works without any issues. You can use the table below to move from one section to another at your convenience.
What do you need to make an enchanting table
To make an enchanting table in Minecraft, you need the following items for the recipe:
- 2 diamonds
- 4 obsidian blocks
- Crafting Table, to combine them all
We already have a guide on how to make a crafting table in Minecraft. You can use it to craft most of the in-game items, including an enchantment table. Once you have created the crafting table, you can continue to find diamonds in Minecraft. Our linked guide will help you with the same. In the meantime, let’s see how to get the two remaining items.
How to get a book in Minecraft
If you’re lucky, you can find books in chests in villages, wrecks, and even fortresses. But her crafting recipe is definitely an easier way to reach the books. Let’s see how.
1. First of all you must kill cows, mushrooms, horses, donkeys, mules, Where llamas. All have a good chance of falling leather. Alternatively, you can also kill rabbits to collect rabbit skins. You can combine 4 rabbit skins to create leather when placed on the crafting table, like this:
2. After the leather, you need to collect some paper. It can spawn in chests found in wrecks, fortresses, and villages. But if you can, we suggest you try looking for sugar cane, which is easy to find near water sources in the outside world. You can then make paper by placing three sugar canes side by side on any row in the manufacturing area.
3. Finally, you have to combine 3 papers and leather to create a book. To do this, place paper in all the cells in the first row of the crafting area. Then place the leather in the first column of the second row, just below the existing papers. This recipe in Minecraft will result in the creation of a book. We need only one book to make an enchanting table in Minecraft.
How to get Obsidian Blocks
Obtaining Obsidian Blocks requires some preparation. So make sure to keep this ingredient at the bottom of the list in terms of priority and collect the rest of the ingredients beforehand. You need four Obsidian Blocks to make an enchanting table in Minecraft. Having said that, let’s get started.
1. To begin with, you must prepare a bucket. It will be useful for creating Obsidian Blocks, as you will see later. To craft a Bucket, you need to place 3 Iron Ingots in av shape position in the crafting area (shown in the screenshot below).
2. Then you need to prepare a diamond pickaxe. This is the only tool you can use to mine an Obsidian Block in the game. To create it, you need to place 3 diamonds in the top row of a craft area, with 2 wooden sticks in the middle cells of the other two rows. You can then drag the diamond pickaxe into your inventory. It is necessary to obtain one of the most important items to create an enchanting table in Minecraft.
3. Now, with the diamond bucket and pickaxe ready, we need to find a source of lava and a source of water. Finding water is easier, so you can look for an underground or above ground lava pool first. If you are in one of Minecraft’s hot biomes like a desert, lava is much easier to find.
4. Finally, use your bucket to collect lava and bring it to the water. You can do this with multiple buckets to save time. Once you reach the water source, drop the lava in. This will create a block of obsidian, which you can then extract with your diamond pickaxe.
Recipe for making an enchanting table in Minecraft
Once you have all the necessary ingredients, it’s easy to create an enchanting table. To create it, you must first place 3 Obsidian Blocks in the 3 cells at the bottom of the crafting area. Then place another Obsidian Block in the middle cell of the center row. After that, place diamonds on either side of the obsidian block in the middle row.
Finally, place the book in the middle cell of the top row of the crafting table. Well, here. You have successfully created an enchanting table in Minecraft.
How to use the enchanting table in Minecraft
Once the Enchanting table is ready, you can right click on it to activate it. You can place your tools and weapons in one slot and a lapis lazuli in its other slot. This will unlock the list of enchantments available in Minecraft, which you can apply in exchange for your experience points.
Craft an enchanting table in Minecraft with ease
With the recipe for creating an enchanting table in Minecraft, you are ready to upgrade all your tools and weapons in the game. Keep in mind that you need lapis lazuli to make them work. You can use our Minecraft 1.18 ore distribution guide to easily find this ore. An Enchanting Table is a great way to upgrade your entire in-game toolkit. But if that’s still not enough for you, you can install Forge in Minecraft to install the best mods in the game. Enchanting table, if you know of any of the best enchantments in the game, share them with us in the comments below. We will test them and share them with our readers.