We’re less than two weeks away from the Steam Deck release date, and excitement for Valve’s handheld gaming PC has never been higher. However, many users remain unsure how their Steam games will work on the Deck, if at all. Luckily, instead of an official solution from Valve, the community decided to take matters into their own hands.
Presentation CheckMyDecka project by a Reddit user Flexxyyy which allows you to check the compatibility of your Steam library with the Steam Deck. It also works with your Steam wishlist, which means you can check a game’s verification level before deciding to buy it. It’s worth noting that while Valve is making steady progress in verifying every Steam game, there’s still a long way to go, so it’s worth checking back to the site as new games are verified.
You need to have a few details handy to use the site, but we’ve put together a guide below for you to follow.
here is how to check Steam Deck compatibility of your Steam library:
- Go to CheckMyDeck
- Enter your Steam ID. If you are not sure what it is, refer to the guide further down
- The list will show your current library, but you can check your Steam Wishlist by clicking the CTA in the top left corner
here is how to find your Steam ID:
- Go to your Steam profile
- Click on the “Edit Profile” CTA in the top right corner
- If you entered a custom URL, remove it from the field without clicking Save
- Your 64-bit ID will show up under the Custom URL field
- Copy the string of numbers (your Steam ID) after ‘/profiles/’
Finally, you may need to change your Steam profile privacy settings in order to use CheckMyDeck. If you do, the site has a handy tutorial that should appear once you enter your Steam ID.