Google’s latest festive doodle game, The Great Ghoul Duel, is a spooky sequel to the 2018 Halloween doodle
The Great Ghoul Duel is a HalloweenGoogle Doodle 2018 retaliation with new features, and is available to play now. Players in Europe, North and South America, Australia, and Southeast Asia will have access to the doodle through Google Cloud Platform. The new version of the game has more cheats and bonuses, new characters and maps.
What is the Halloween Google Doodle 2022?
This year’s Halloween doodle is The Great Ghoul Duel, a sequel to 2018’s doodle, which was the site’s first ever multiplayer interactive game doodle. Players around the world can join teams of four to battle it out in capture-the-flag style gameplay.
The game sees each team compete to collect the most Spirit Flames and bring them back to their base in two minutes. The team with the most Spirit Flames collected at the end of the game wins.
How to play Halloween Google Doodle 2022?
To start the game, visit the Google homepage and click on the doodle – then you will have the option to play a tutorial or start the game. You can play live with random players from around the world or host your own game. If you choose to host the game, you will receive a link that you can share with your friends so that they can access the game.
The games have two teams of up to four each, with a maximum number of eight players in total. You can move your character around the map using the arrow keys or your mouse and the goal is to collect spirit flames by touching them.
You can steal Spirit Flames from players on the opposing team by connecting with their tail – but they can also steal yours. To accumulate the Flames you have collected, return to your base with them, then dash to collect more. By touching a Mega Flame character, you can gain 10 Spirit Flames.
During the game, there will be opportunities to get power-ups such as speed boosts, night vision, and magnetism by quickly returning to base. There are also plenty of achievements to unlock across multiple games.
What achievements can you unlock in The Great Ghoul Duel?
There are 16 achievements to unlock across multiple parts of the game, including:
- Magician’s Top Hat – Collect the most Spirit Flames in a single match
- Fruit Fest – Steal the most Spirit Flames in a single match
- Toboggan Time – Collect the most mega flames in a single game
- Jovial Jester – Collect 1,000 Spirit Flames
- Spooky Wig – Collect 5,000 Spirit Flames
- Otherworldly Antenna – Steal 250 Spirit Flames
- Tricorn of the Deep – Steal 1,000 Spirit Flames
- Lantern o’ Jack – Collect 10 Mega Flames
- Momo Thinking Cap – Collect 30 Mega Flames
- Fun and Fancy – Win five games
- Knight’s Helmet of Honor – Win 35 games
- Beginner Beanie – Play 10 games
- Flower Topper – Play 50 games
- A Normal Unicorn – Collect 150 Spirit Flames in a single match
- Witch’s Brim – Collect 200 Spirit Flames in a single match
- Royal Crown – Collect the most Spirit Flames five matches in a row
How to access Google Doodle games?
The Great Ghoul Duel was available on Google’s homepage during Halloween, but was removed on November 1. However, you can still access the game on Google’s Doodle Archive, where you’ll also find previous Doodles and interactive games.